Meat - A Kitchen Education by James Peterson

51UnELQ5fDL_zps7qcn947b.jpg

Meat - A Kitchen Education by James Peterson

Instruction begins with an informative summary of meat cooking methods: sauteing, broiling, roasting, and braising, to name a few. Then, chapter by chapter, Peterson demonstrates classic preparations for every type of meat available from the butcher: chicken, turkey, duck, quail, pheasant, squab, goose, guinea hen, rabbit, hare, venison, pork, beef, veal, lamb, and goat. Along the way, he shares his secrets for perfect pan sauces, gravies, and jus. Peterson completes the book with a selection of homemade sausages, pates, terrines and broths that are the base of so many dishes. His trademark step-by-step photographs provide incomparable visual guidance for working with the complex structure and musculature of meats and illustrate all the basic prep techniques--from trussing a whole chicken to breaking down a whole lamb.

--"When I read the introduction to Meat: A Kitchen Education, I wanted to stand up and cheer. James Peterson and I share a deep passion for great meat, and a respect for all animals whose lives are taken for our food. If you subscribe, as I do, to the philosophy of "eat less meat, eat better meat, and enjoy it more," then this book will guide you on that journey. Whichever recipe you choose, Meat will help you make something sensible and delicious."

--Bill Niman, rancher and founder, Niman Ranch

Format: epub

Language: English

Size: 62 mb

Hoster: Uploaded

http://ul.to/8jxu8tme