Reviews Necrosis Reenslaved To The Machine 2014

METAL TEMPLE

by V. Srikar at 30 November 2014, 10:55 AM

Some modern Thrash Metal bands invariably force us to compare them to the other similar fast paced Thrash bands. While it’s debatable what’s the line between inspiration and a rip off, NECROSIS from Chile blasts some decent generic Thrash Metal. Formed in 1985 with a hiatus in the middle for around 7 years, the band is back this year with their 3rd album

“Enslaved To The Machine” and frankly it’s not all that encouraging.

The album starts off with a 58 sec intro “The Electric Prayer” which has a few drone kind of sounds and a few weird chanting. “Killing Engine” kicks in the real metal blasting in some fast paced Thrash Metal. There are some really good riffs in some phases in all the songs, but soon the song sounds very generic and monotonous. The vocals are more like animated screaming, sadly offering nothing new. “Doomsday Menace” is one of the better song of the album as it blasts some really good headbanging friendly riffs and the band interestingly has kept this minus vocals, as an instrumental.

The vocals by Gustavo Robles remind me of Phil Anselmo due to the screaming style of vocals. If you are familiar with this band called ARTILLERY, you will pretty much hear more or less similar style of Thrash here with few variations and variety, and frankly it sounds too similar for me to call it an inspiration. Take for example “Omega Man”, the opening solo riff just reminded me of “Khomaniac” by ARTILLERY. Don’t get me wrong, the music isn’t really bad, but it’s just very generic for a seasoned Thrash Metal fan and sadly doesn’t bring enough variety and originality to the table. It was a pleasant surprise to find that the band finishes of the album with a mid tempo song in “Invasion” with some new innovative riffs, but then again, just not catchy and impressive enough. But as a whole, in the album, the bass and drums just don’t do enough to salvage the situation either.

While the production is polished and really works well, and the lyrics deal with apocalypse and politics. As a whole this is sadly an average album and didn’t excite me even after listening to it multiple times, and I am lost for words as I find that this is NECROSIS’s 3rd full length release. I just hope they find more variety in their song writing before doing their next record.

Español:

Algunas bandas de thrash metal moderno invariablemente nos obligan a compararlas con las otras bandas similares de ritmo rápido movimiento de piernas. Si bien es discutible cuál es la línea entre la inspiración y una estafa, NECROSIS de Chile bombardea algunos genéricos decente Thrash Metal. Formado en 1985, con un paréntesis en medio de alrededor de 7 años, la banda está de regreso este año con su 3 er álbum "Enslaved To The Machine" y, francamente, no es tan alentador. El álbum comienza con una intro de 58 seg "El Oración Electric " que tiene algunos tipo drone de sonidos y algunos cánticos raro. "Matar Engine" patadas en el chorro de metal real en algún Metal trepidante Thrash. Hay algunos muy buenos riffs en algunas fases en todas las canciones, pero pronto la canción suena muy genérico y monótono. Las voces son más bien animado a gritar, por desgracia no ofrece nada nuevo . "Doomsday Menace" es una de la mejor canción del álbum, ya que arruina algunos muy buenos riffs headbanging amistosas y la banda curiosamente ha mantenido esta menos voces, como instrumental. Las voces de Gustavo Robles me recuerdan a Phil Anselmo debido a los gritos estilo de las voces. Si está familiarizado con esta banda llamada ARTILLERÍA, va más o menos escuche estilo más o menos similar de Thrash aquí con pocas variaciones y variedad, y, francamente, suena demasiado similares para que yo llamo una inspiración. Tomemos, por ejemplo "Omega Man", el riff de apertura en solitario sólo me recordó a "Khomaniac" por la artillería. No me malinterpreten, la música no es realmente malo, pero es algo muy genérico para un avezado Thrash Metal y ventilador tristemente no trae suficiente variedad y originalidad a la mesa. Fue una agradable sorpresa al encontrar que los acabados de la banda del álbum con una canción a medio tiempo en "Invasion" con algunos nuevos riffs innovadores, pero, de nuevo, sólo que no pegadizo y bastante impresionante. Pero en su conjunto, en el álbum, el bajo y la batería simplemente no hacen lo suficiente para salvar la situación tampoco. Si bien la producción se pule y realmente funciona bien, y las letras lidiar con el apocalipsis y la política. En conjunto este es tristemente un álbum promedio y no me excita incluso después de escucharlo varias veces, y estoy sin palabras como me parece que esto es NECROSIS 3 's rd liberación integral. Sólo espero que encuentren más variedad en su composición de canciones antes de hacer su próximo disco.

CATEGORIA: MEDIOCRE