Music Maker Blues Revue Live at Festival Blues i Ritmes d

ViAnDEr

7zyw7xeb.jpg

INFO:

Source: WEBRip
Video compression mode: Mp4
Size MB: 593
Total Run Time mn. 39.09

Partnership program dedicated to Music Maker Relief Foundation and its concert last April 4, 2011 in Blues Festival i Ritmes Badalona.

The blues genre is perhaps the worst treated by the music industry. Those blacks in the first half of the twentieth century signed the worst contract in history. Some never charged a penny for their performances; were paid with beer and a plate of food. American Tim Duffy knows well. He is white with a degree in folklore, but collecting recordings of elderly musicians discovered dozens of bluesman that nobody had heard of and living beyond the poverty line. Thus was born in 1994 Music Maker Relief Foundation, an organization whose aim was not to popularize the songs of his proteges, but simply to get money to pay your gas bill and buy some shoes. That's what they spent their first income.

Duffy began rescuing musicians from North Carolina, his state, but over time have been the bluesmen themselves evicted for across the country who have contacted him. Today, during the economic recession, Duffy can not cope. Now serving over a hundred. The other day I called Ralph Johnson, a member of the famous soul band The Impressions. In the 70s he was a star. Today is ruined. He needs help.

Download