Ella & Basie - Montreux 79 The Perfect Match (2004) DVD5

IPB Image

Video: PAL, MPEG-2, 720 x 576 (1.333), 25.000 fps
Audio: LPCM-2, Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1
Menu: Yes
Time: 74 min.
Size: 4,19 Gb
Copy: 1:1

Ella & Basie '79: The Perfect Match is an 85-minute concert DVD whose very title is misleading - Count Basie appears for only one song at the end of a good, not great, performance by Ella Fitzgerald at the 1979 Montreux Jazz Festival. The rest of the time she's backed by her working trio and Basie's orchestra.
Factor in a notable lack of extras and mediocre production that makes it look and sound like the budget title it is and what's left is a disc for Fitzgerald fans who don't already have the previously released album of the concert.
On the other hand, this is the only affordable concert by Fitzgerald captured on video I'm aware of (segments of various performances appear on documentaries and other films on DVD and VHS), boosting its worthiness somewhat. There's no question her fans can watch this and reassure themselves she is indeed a legend, and new viewers sharing the experience will agree she can swing.
Just make sure the newbies also hear something like her Gershwin Songbook so they get full exposure to her talent.
The film is one of several from the festival by Norman Granz, who gets as much billing as the musicians in the DVD's printed material and is profiled briefly in the only extra feature of substance. His simple up-close work is positive in an organic way, but production is a letdown, especially uneven audio that makes narratives nearly inaudible and music deafening at the same volume setting.

Tracklist:
01. Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone
02. Sweet Georgia Brown
03. Some Other Spring
04. Make Me Rainbows
05. After You've Gone
06. 'Round Midnight
07. Dindi
08. Fine and Mellow
09. (I Don't Stand) A Ghost of a Chance with You
10. Flying Home
11. You've Changed
12. Honeysuckle Rose
13. St. Louis Blues
14. B & E (Basella)/A-Tisket, A-Tasket
15. I've Got a Crush on You

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Download

Hotfile.com or Filesonic.com or Fileserve.com or Netload.in or Freakshare.com or Share-online.biz or Keepfile.com - txt

from Netload.in

or

from Hotfile.com

Inclusive of 8% data repair
ALL LINKS ARE INTERCHANGABLE