Last of the Mississippi Jukes Documentary (2003)

ViAnDEr

clsdxciq.jpg

INFO:

Source: WEBRip
Video compression mode: [MKV,720p][H.264,AC3]
Size: 1020
Total Run Time mn. 85:53

This documentary is a must have, especially for music lovers of the blues and the roots of original American music. The film depicts old and new juke joints and honky tonks throughout the Mississippi Delta region. The main focus of the documentary is on the Subway Lounge in Jackson, MS. Located in the basement of the delapidated Summers Hotel. Sadly to say, The Subway Lounge is now closed due to the condition of the building and is scheduled to be demolished. This is truly a remorseful period because the Subway had been instrumental in preserving blues, jazz, funk, R&B, and blends of indigenious soul music of the South. Notable appearances on the film include actor/true gentleman Morgan Freeman, the secret treasure Patrice Moncelle, the character Fingers Taylor, the legendary Bobby Rush and the obscure but immensely talented J.T. Watkins and Levon Lindsey. Even though one era has passed in respect to the music scene, the rediscovery of the blues in America due to performers such as Stevie Ray Vaughn and Robert Cray has allowed newer establishments to continue the rich tradition of the blues. That being said, I must mention that I am partial to the film due to the fact that I grew up the area and frequented the Subway Lounge for years. And I urge anyone who is fan of Blues to make the journey to Mississippi and experience the music still brewing from old and new juke joints alike.

Download P1[/url

Download P2