Problema con la Actualización de Windows 8 a 8.1

La fecha y hora de tu equipo son las correctas?

Primero debes instalar todas las actualizaciones disponibles a través de Windows Update, también debes instalar todas las actualizaciones de aplicaciones de tienda.

Y después de eso, debieras comenzar a actualizar tu windows a 8.1.

no es necesario instalar ninguna actualizacion de aplicaciones de tienda, o yo por lo menos no lo hice, solo instalè todas las actualizaciones que me pidió windows y luego bajè la actualizacion a 8.1 desde la pagina de microsoft, y listo

lo que recomiendan sobre el error es desactivar el antivirus, reparar el inicio de windows o usar el /scannow desde la consola de comandos para reparar un registro dañado

How to Fix Windows 8.1 Error code: 0×80240031 while Updating

Before you try to update to Windows 8.1 be sure that you have a stable and fast internet connection. The size of the update is 3.62GB! That’s almost downloading the full version of Windows 8.1. It is also suggested that you download or try to update during off peak hours on your area or country.
Method 1: Using the SFC /SCANNOW Method

1. Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear
2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level
3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter
4. If everything went okay and no errors where found, restart your computer and try updating again
5. If errors where found, try to fix it using DISM.
6. On the same command prompt window type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
7. After the repair is complete, restart your computer and try updating now.

Note: I have done this process but another error came out while I was executing DISM.

Method 2: Try Automatic Repair

1. Go to search or hit Windows button + Q
2. From the search click “Settings” found on the right side and type Advanced Startup Options and hit enter
3. This will open the PC Settings in General category. Scroll down and look for “Advanced Startup” and click Restart Now
4. Click Troubleshoot and then click Advanced options, then finally hit Automatic Repair

Method 3: Do A Refresh

1. The steps here are similar to the method 2 since they are found on the same menu/settings. Go to search or hit Windows button + Q
2. From the search click “Settings” found on the right side and type Advanced Startup Options and hit enter
3. This will open the PC Settings in General category. Scroll down and look for “Refresh your PC without Affecting your Files” and click Get Started when you are ready. From there just follow the instructions. Be sure to back up your files. You might lose data on the process.

Note: I personally have not tried methods 2 and 3 because I haven’t made a backup of my system yet. But I’m going for method 4, and probably method 5 in the future.

Method 4: All Else Fails, Try and Try Again

Okay, you have tried everything and still you can’t update to Windows 8.1 because of the Error code: 0×80240031. I also found out that other users were able to update to Windows 8.1 with patience and perseverance to hit the Try Again button or trying again on a later time. Some users claim that they were finally able to update to Windows 8.1 just by simple trying again and again and again.

Edited by ExtreemD4t4